1. Please fill in all the sections on the form. Incomplete files shall be rejected and shall not be examined by the National Office for the Industrial Free Trade Zone (NOIFZ) only when they contain all necessary information.
2. This document remains a form intended only to guide you in the development of the business plan that shall go along with your approval file.
For the first section relating to general information on the company, you can use additional sheets if you do not have enough space on the form. In this case, make sure that each time you check the legibility and the coherence in the progression of questions and their answers.
The other parts are used to guide you in the organization of the elements of the feasibility study. However, if such a study has already been made, please submit the related document by indicating on this form the page and the paragraph where the response to each question can be found.
3. Each time required information does not apply to your project, please write: “Unjustified (Irrelevant)” in answering the question concerned.
4. Unless otherwise mentioned, all the prices must be expressed in CFA FRANCS. They also can, as an exception to this rule, be expressed in EURO or US$, on condition that they clearly indicate the exchange rate applicable at the moment of the study.
5. The form of declaration of intent which appears in the appendix of the file must be signed by the promoter (developer) and legalized by a Notary Public.
6. The complete file must be accompanied by a non refundable sum of Three millions (3.000.000) CFA FRANC, representing the expenses for the study of the file submitted in seven (07 )hard copies and a soft copy and addressed to:
NOIFZ Building, Bonanjo
Telephone: (237) 233 43 33 43 / 233 43 33 44
Fax: (237) 233 43 33 17
E-mail: email@example.com/WEB: www.onzfi@org
1. Corporate name:
2. Address and telephone number(s) / fax / telex
3. Name, function, address and telephone number(s) where one can contact the official representatives of the interested party in NOIFZ:
4. Category of company (tick a category):
One-man businessPartnershipJoint-stock company
5. Property of the company (tick a box):
6. Indicate the name, the nationality and the home country of the President, the General Manager, other administrators and the Secretary of the company:
7. 7. Indicate the name and the residence of all the main shareholders (those holding more than 10 percent of the authorized capital), as well as their share capital.
8. Other information on the main developers (promoters) of the project and their experiences.
9. Is the company a subsidiary or the successor of another? If necessary, indicate the name and the country of registration of the parent company or the former company.
10. Nature of the other current activities of the company in Cameroon.
11. Before the submission of this application, has the company already submitted to the Cameroon Government an application for eligibility for investment incentives?
If necessary, specify the programme, the commercial activity and the current state of the application.
12. Description of the geographical localization of the site having to shelter the project (please, attach any other useful document: “mass plan” with geographical address and phone number, construction (building) plan, .....)
a. Specific Descriptions of the place where the company intends to be located in Cameroon.
b. Specify the total surface of the area necessary for the company
c. Estimates of the ground surface of the required installations.
13. Plan (Map) of the places showing that the legal safety measures have been put in place:
a. Fence of 3 metres made out of finished materials.
b. A single entry with security / customs agents
c. Etc ......
1. Study of the offer: national and international offers, competition analysis.
2. Study of the demand: demands from CEMAC and outside CEMAC, market shares.
3. Price and marketing strategies.
4. Short programme for the development of the Free Trade Zone:
• Total surface of the area necessary for the zone;
• A number of buildings to be built and surface on the ground of required installations;
• A number of companies to be installed in the zone;
• Estimate of the annual volume of development activities (installations, constructions, etc…) and of the corresponding value during the first five (05) years of operations;
• Construction Strategies of the zone and typologies of the main materials to be used according to their origins (local purchases, imports according to countries of origin….);
• Planner of realization of work with an indication of possible deadlines for the installation of the first companies;
• For these companies, possibly, the proportion of the annual production which will be exported by product and the countries of destination.
5. Production Programme of the company:
• Estimate of the annual volume of production and the corresponding value during the five (05) first years of operation, by type of product.
• Proportion of the annual production which will be exported, and the country of destination. (please, indicate separately, for each product the percentage which will be exported and the targeted market(s).
6. Nature and Origin of Raw Material(s).
7. Description of the manufacturing methods/techniques which will be used.
8. A complete list along with Customs Codes of the types and quantities of articles to be imported for the launching (including raw materials, equipment, rolling stock, office equipment and corresponding spare parts) and for the regular functioning of operations.
9. Please, indicate the type of public services and other services necessary for the proper functioning of operations, with an estimate of the average and top (the highest) consumption, as well as the yearly consumption of water, telephone and electricity.
10. Organisation Chart of the Company
11. Structure and evolution of the volume of manpower to be used and the corresponding wage bill over five years.
12. Analysis of jobs to be created according to the Cameroonian/Expatriate nomenclature during the launching phases of the project (staff management, technical staff, etc,) and during normal exploitation.
13. Presentation of the programmes which will be set up to train the local personnel in order to meet the job needs of the company.
14. Presentation of the policy of the company in matters relating to safety and health of the employees.
15. Presentation and analysis of financial needs of the company. These Documents shall include the following information:
a) Presentation and analysis of initial financial needs over five (05) years in each of the following categories:
o Setting-up expenses
o Land plots/Installation/Constructions
o Equipment and production tools
o Office equipment
o Requirements in working capital
o And other needs
b) Presentation and analysis of principal sources of financing planned for the company in the following categories:
o Contributions of promoters (developers)
o Subsidies (please indicate the amounts according to sources)
o Loans (please indicate the amounts according to financial donors)
o Other Sources (to be specified)
16. Presentation and analysis of the Depreciation account of fixed assets.
17. Presentation and analysis of amortization tables of loans.
18. Presentation and analysis of the table of cash flow forecast over the twelve (12) first months of operations
19. Presentation and analysis of estimated operating account for the five (05) first years of operation under consideration.
For companies already established in Cameroon, please attach, for the two (02) last years of operation of the company:
• A balance-sheet
• A profit and loss account checked by an auditor.
20. Presentation and analysis of profitability indicators of the project.
21. Information concerning the possible repercussions of the activity under consideration over the environment. This is the Environmental Impact Study of the Project, which will have to be carried out by an independent Expert whose address and phone number must appear on the study document. This study must indicate in particular:
• An exhaustive inventory of the harmful effects generated by the project, from the setting up stage to the exploitation one:
o Poisonous waste (toxic effluents)
o sound, liquid and/or gas emissions in the atmosphere.
• Estimate of volume per type of waste (water, waste water, residues, etc) produced each month
• Indication and analysis of measures taken or planned to reduce these effects, and possibly, to compensate for the generated outsources (externalities).
22. Presentation and analysis of the economic and social contributions of the project at the local and national levels.
23. Notarial act of the Confirmation of Intent (form to be enclosed)
24. Certificate of the paying bank
25. Certificate of Financial Capacity
26. Copy of ID Card/Passport of key promoters
27. Copy of a certificate of property, of a lease contract or any other documents to prove/certify) that the company, the owners have the possibility of renting or of buying land in Cameroon for the industrial activity under consideration.
28. Authenticated Copy of the By-Laws of the company
29. Mass Plan indicating the geographical co-ordinates of the site.
30. Construction Plan of the site indicating, in addition to the position of the buildings, the fence of three metres high (full wall); the single entry /exit for people and goods; Customs and safety post at the gate of the Special Industrial Free Trade Zone.
31. For companies already settled in Cameroon, please enclose a certificate of non-indebtedness issued by qualified services from the Taxation and Customs Departments.
32. Reference of people and/or institutions to contact to check the information provided, including commercial, financial undertakings or of Audit Offices.
I hereby certify that the information provided above and in the appendix is accurate to the best of my knowledge, and that the forecasts are realistic taking into account currently available information.
Name and signature of the Official Representative
I declare that the company pledges:
(1) to produce goods and services intended exclusively for export or sale on markets external to Cameroon, which are specified in the file;
(2) not to produce harmful effects on the environment and to respect all legal and lawful measures prescribed as regards registered establishments in Cameroon;
(3) not to be in possession, without a prior authorization from competent Cameroonian administrations, of the following products whose entry or storage is prohibited in an Industrial Free Trade Zone or in a Special Industrial Free Trade Zone: weapons, ammunitions and other articles of war, dangerous explosives, other dangerous materials, all flammable or explosive substances, either radioactive or toxic, presenting a danger (being hazardous) to the life of people, animals, plants and for the environment in general; all other substances prohibited by the laws and regulations of Cameroon and International Conventions, etc;
(4) to function in accordance with the provisions stipulated by Ordinance N° 90/001 of 29 January 1990 to create the Free Trade Zone Regime in Cameroon.
Name and signature of the official representative
Name and signature of the Notary Public